Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Mani(S)!!!


Hello :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Are you doing anything fun? I'm not Irish, so I'm just doing my nails and wearing green :)

So I have a TWO manis to share with you folks today! One is a bit of a copycat, and the other is original (although there are probably many of the same out there, I didn’t look at anything to create the second look, it was all in my head). So, let's get started!

The first is a copy-cat of Beauty Gnome's St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Nail Art.

First, I applied one coat of Sephora by OPI Looks Like Rain, Dear.




Next, I drew a shamrock with a detail brush (and CG In The Limelight and OPI Black Onyx) on a piece of wax paper, top coated it, waited for it to dry, and then peeled it off. Then, I top coated it to my nail. This is called making your own decals. It's very popular right now, so you should be able to find many tutorials for it out on the interweb.





For the second mani, I applied one coat of China Glaze For Audrey on my pointer, middle, and ring fingers. On my thumb and pinky, I applied one coat of each: Sephora by OPI Charge It, Sephora by OPI Wild About Shimmer, and Sephora by OPI Only Gold For Me Top Coat. Finally, I free handed a rainbow, a pot of gold, a sun, and some blades of grass over For Audrey using CG Ruby Pumps, NYC Midtown Mimosa, CG In The Limelight, Sephora by OPI Charge It and Only Gold For Me Top Coat, and OPI Black Onyx.


Well, there you have it folks! Hope you have the Luck of the Irish on your side today!

Thanks for reading, and Happy St. Patrick's Day-
-Kiki

Sephora by OPI polishes can be purchased at Sephora or on their website for $8.50 a bottle. China Glaze polishes can be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply, Bobbi and Guy Beauty Supply, Amazon, eBay, professional salons, and many other places for $5.49-$8.50.
NYC can be bought and many drugstores, ranging in price from $1.00 to $5.00.
OPI can be purchased at Bobbi and Guy Beauty Supply, Amazon, eBay, professional salons, and many other places for $5.49-$9.00.





No comments:

Post a Comment